Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hello Again!


Hi Everyone!
I recently took a bit of a break from blogging but am back  and ready to begin again.  As many of you already know, I teach first grade by day and additionally run my school's after school program.  These day jobs allot to about 60 hours per week of just "contracted hours"…this doesn't include the extra time that I spend at home or after hours working on projects for my classroom.  That being said, as much as I LOVE my job, by the end of the last school year, I was in need of a little recharging.  I decided that in order to fully recharge, I would take a break from blogging and my regular job of course (gotta love summer vacation!) over the summer.  

The new school year began last week and I spent it getting used to my new students and work hours again.  Week two is here and I'm finally in the groove of things and ready to add blogging back to my daily routine as well!  I missed this little creative outlet so much and am so excited to be back!

ANYWHO…On to the outfit:

I wore this to work the other day only to be met with incredibly different viewpoints.  One co-worker (who made me smile) commented that I looked like I was fancy enough to be out on date night.  However, a most interesting student met me at my classroom door that morning and asked me if I was evil.  He could not comprehend why I would wear all black and therefore assumed that I must be evil.  I think I about giggled myself to death when he asked.

 //Dress:  J.Crew (on MEGA sale) // Jacket:  Nordstrom (old; love this one & this one) // Handbag:  Chanel (love this similar version for under $250) // Shoes:  Nordstrom (old; nearly identical) //


No comments:

Post a Comment