Tuesday, March 18, 2014

.: Current Makeup & Skincare Favorites:.

I am by no means a makeup artist but I love dabbling in makeup when I can.  I watch way to many YouTube tutorials/hauls/product reviews to count and almost always end up trying a new something or other because of it.  

These are my current favorite products in my makeup & skincare drawer:


Loreal Butterfly Mascara:
 It adds great length and volume.  It's comparable drugstore alternative to my beloved Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara.  

Bobbi Brown Peony Blush: 
 The best pink blush.  Apply sparingly as a little goes a long way.  It gives the perfect everyday flush.  I've repurchased it multiple times in the past few years.

Maybeline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: 
 A fabulous concealer that hides Louis Vuitton Luggage sized bags!

Mac Angel Lipstick: 
 A nudish-pinky lip that is great for everyday.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation: 
 This powder foundation goes on in seconds without the mess that the liquids tend to create.  I also love that it doesn't transfer onto clothes, etc. like liquids I've used.  Considering I've lost count of how many of these I've purchased, it's safe to say that I'm in love.

MAC Fluidline in Dipdown:  
I love this gel eyeliner.  It gives you the perfect line every time (anything from thick to thin to cat eye is totally doable).  I have purchased this over 5 times.  It's safe to say that it's a winner.

Urban Decay Naked Palette: 
I use this every morning.  It has the most fabulous neutral colors that compliment one another perfectly.  I am hitting pan on so many of the colors that its almost time to invest in a new palette.  I am heavily considering the new Smashbox palette.


Clarisonic Mia:  
I LOVE this baby!  It helps my sensitive skin like no other.  This helps keep my breakouts at bay and I  definitely see a difference when I don't use it for a week.

Philosophy Purity Cleanser:
I have used this sudsy, nourishing cleanser for years.  It removes EVERYTHING!  It will even take off mascara!  It's a holy grail product for me.

Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter:
Since I wash my hands so often working with my little first graders, my hands are consistently cracking and bleeding if I don't use this stuff.  I great smell and rich texture help to combat even the driest of skin.  I love it so much that I keep one in my purse and one in the bathroom.

Josie Maran Argan Oil:
This helps to balance out my combination skin like no other.  It also seems to reduce breakouts for me as my skin stays hydrated and doesn't tend to produce as much excess oil when I use it.  It's been a favorite for YEARS!  I've purchased over 5 bottles of it so far!

Body Shop Strawberry Beautifying Oil:  
I hate the feeling of cold moisturizing cream in the morning.  This stuff doesn't feel cold to the like touch like lotions can.  It helps to lock in moisture when applied right out of the shower for a totally non-greasy feel.  This is another holy grail produce for me.  I have repurchased it twice so far!

Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm:
When I initially purchased this I thought is was absolutely ridiculous to pay the price for this.  Once I used it, I couldn't live without it any longer.  There is a reason that it's a cult favorite.  I keep one on my nightstand and one in my purse because it is literally that good.

What are your favorite beauty and skincare products?  I'm always on the hunt for new great products!  Does anyone have any products that are on the "must try" list?

xoxo,

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment