Monday, March 14, 2016

DIY Monogram Moss Letter

Hi Everyone!
Something that you might not know about me is that I love to do DIY projects.  There is something so fun and personal about creating something for your home!   I was browsing Pinterest this week and came across this cute piece.  I decided that I had to make it!  I made a trip to Michael's Saturday to stock up on some DIY supplies and spent a small part of Sunday creating this Monogram Letter Wall Art for my living room.  I have to say, I'm sorry for the quality of these photos.  I initially didn't plan on posting this so I simply took photos along the way with my iPhone instead of our DSLR.  However, I figured that you all might be interested in this.  Keep reading to get the step by step breakdown of the DIY.

Supplies:

*Scroll wood frame from Michaels
*Black Spray Paint (I used a matte one)
*Wood Letters (Michael's had a bunch of different options.  I liked the thinness and shape of these the best.)
*Bag of Moss
*Foam Poster Board (I was able to find one that was only slightly bigger than the inner part of the frame so I didn't have to cut it)
*Burlap
*Hot Glue Gun/Glue

Step one:

Lay down a trash bag or other piece of plastic/newspaper to protect your surface and spray paint the wooden frame.  You can use any color you would like.  I liked the simplicity of black.  Let dry.



Step Two:

Measure your foam board and cut it if necessary so that it fits just slightly outside of the frame.  You want it to be slightly bigger so that you have something to glue to the frame.    The board that I bought was a perfect fit and did not need to be cut.  

Step Three:

Wrap the front of your board in burlap and hot glue the edges down.  

Step Four:

Glue the burlap covered foam board to the back side of the frame using hot glue.


Step Five:

Take the letter and place hot glue on it in small sections.  Carefully place the moss on top.  Be very careful not to burn yourself!

Be sure to cover the edges of the wood letter as well!

Step Seven:

Glue the back of the letter to the burlap and press gently to secure.

Step Eight:

Use a small nail to hang on your wall and enjoy!

Thanks for reading!  What's been your favorite DIY project?  I would love to hear all about it!  I'm headed back over to Pinterest right now to hunt down the next project!
xoxo,
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment