Wednesday, October 8, 2014

.:Items I Can't Live Without:.

Let's face facts here.  I have a decent sized wardrobe.  However, if you stripped it all down to just my "I would die if I didn't have __" pieces, these would be it.  Now, that's not saying that I don't love, use and adore my other wardrobe components.  In fact, this list actually leaves off some of the pieces that I would literally cry if anything happened to (probably because I've invested so much in them or they have sentimental value).  This is just a list of those pieces that I would literally be unable to get myself dressed without!

1.  Nude Pumps
Nude Pumps go with literally everything in your wardrobe.  Every.  Single.  Outfit.  My favorites are from Christian Louboutin.  However, I wear my Nine West pair even more often!

2.  Leopard Flats
I'm sure that you know by now exactly how OBSESSED with these I am.  Leopard is a neutral.  Just like nude pumps, they match up with almost any outfit.


3.  Leather Handbag
It would be hard for me to imagine surviving without my handbag.  This is a piece that you save for.  It could be a fabulous leather Coach handbag, a Louis Vuitton, Celine, or Hermes.  My current of choice is my Celine Mini Luggage.  This is a piece that you plan to keep for years upon years in your wardrobe.

4.  Leopard Clutch
The leopard clutch is the handbag equivalent of the leopard flats mentioned above.  It goes with everything.  It does not need to be solely used as a nighttime piece.  In fact, clutches are quite chic when used for daytime activities.


5.  Statement Necklace
As you know, I am completely addicted to statement necklaces.  Truth be told, my outfits are usually very simple and it's in my shoes and necklaces that they are most often brought to life.


6.  Classic Watch/Bracelet Combo
I don't know if I could handle not having a watch/bracelet arm party.  In fact, the days when I do not wear it, I feel incredibly naked.  It is my signature.  View that post here.  A good watch will carry you through decades of wear.

7.  Striped Tee
Stripes add so much visual interest to an outfit.  Whenever I don't know what to wear, you will more than likely find me in a striped tee.

8.  Fun Skirt
Pants can be so boring. A fun skirt that allows for many different colored tops really spices up your wardrobe.


9.  Black Blazer
Black Blazers are miracle workers.  I wear mine at least once a week.  I find that I get the most use out of my blazers in dressing up a simple tee and jeans in an effort to look more pulled together. 

10.  Destroyed Denim
These are my weekend staple.  They can be dressed up with heels and a silk top or dressed street style-esque with a graphic tee and a bold statement necklace.


11.  Chambray Shirt
This goes with everything.  My favorite ways to wear chambray are with funky skirts and leather pants.


12.  Essential V-Neck Tee
Simple white and black tees are the core of my style.  I always start with simple basics such as these and build from there.  

13.  Lipstick
This enlivens any outfit.  Lipstick seems to have the ability to transform a ho-hum outfit into a great one just by adding the last polished touch.

14.  Fatigue Jacket
I'm a sucker for boyfriend styled jackets (whether in olive green or camo) to help add an edge to an otherwise girly outfit.  I am caught at least once a week in one.


15.  Something That Excites You to Put On
For me, this varies depending on the day.  It is most often a pair of pumps that makes me feel ultra confident.

2 comments:

  1. Love these recommendations! What style are you Loubs? I can't tell if they're Pigalle or So Kate? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete