Monday, December 22, 2014

.:Layers:.






// Shirt:  J.Crew Factory // Vest:  J.Crew (old; love this) // Skirt:  J.Crew (identical) // Tights:  Steve Madden // Boots:  Tory Burch (This Season's Version on MEGA sale!) //

I cannot believe that Christmas is THIS week.  How is it possible that the holidays are already almost over?  I truly wish that the month of December was twice as long so that we had the ability to relish in the holidays for just a little longer.

Today's look is one that I wore last week to work.  The temperatures at work can fluctuate like crazy due to air conditioning and weather (I get to work when it's chilly, it warms up during the day, and by the time I leave 11 hours later, it's often freezing).  That being said, I have figured out that the best way to survive the constant change in temperatures is by layering.  Vests are an awesome way to layer that don't add a ton of bulk to your look but still provide a way to keep your torso warm.  I also added a wonderfully thick coat on top of this for those morning and night hours in an effort to keep warm. These fleece lined lights kept me toastier than some of my jeans do!  I love that if for some reason I happen to get too warm, the coat and vest can be easily removed and the boots can be changed into heels to help cool down the look a little. During these end of Fall/beginning of Winter months, layering is where my heart is.

xoxo,

Abbie



No comments:

Post a Comment