Wednesday, January 14, 2015

.: Burberry-esque & the #LoveYourClosetChallenge :.


// Cape:  Choies (want this one too!) // Denim:  Hudson //
// Woven Black Crossbody// Flats:  Valentino //

Burberry created a fantastic cape VERY similar to the one above and I was smitten.  However, without knowing how much wear I would get out of it, I quickly disregarded Burberry's version.  Once I saw this one pop up for around $50 (it's the color contrast poncho from Choies…I linked another adorable one from their website), I knew I had to purchase it.  Now, that being said, it sat in my closet for about a month.  I rarely stew over new purchases, but this one went through that process.  However, I must say that as soon as I wore it last week, I then wore it 2 more times in less than 5 days.  The one linked above could be styled even more ways because of the neutralness of the coloring.  Be sure to check back in next week as I plan to show you a whole new way to style it!

AND NOW MOVING ON TO THE ONE THING ON MY MIND….
TODAY begins my thirty day no shopping challenge. 

 I just deleted my eBay app (it's one of my most impulsive ways to shop) and deleted everything from all of my online shopping carts (also a means of impulsivity).  It's going to be extremely tough, but I am thrilled (for now) to style things that are already in my closet (and the few new items that I ordered prior to the challenge that are currently in the mail on their way to me).  I am excited for the burst of creativity that is bound to follow from creating all of these new outfits.  I am also jazzed about really thinking through my purchases and evaluating what, if anything, needs to be added to my closet in order to create even better outfits.  I plan to keep a list as the month goes on of pieces on my wish list. I am currently deciding a plan of action for when the challenge ends.  If you would like to join along (there is much to be said about strength in numbers), please feel free to upload your outfit pictures to Instagram with the hashtag #LoveYourClosetChallenge.  Please follow me on Instagram here & xoSamanthaBrooke here to keep updated on how we are doing with challenge as well.  I will be updating on the blog regarding the challenge as well!

xoxo,

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment