Monday, January 5, 2015

.:Happy New Year & Resolutions:.

Happy New Year, Dolls!  2014 was quite possibly the best year in my life!  I am so excited to see what 2015 has to offer.  Now, I never really believe in New Year's resolutions.  I feel that they are quite often a list of things that we attempt, but inevitably fail at.  I am determined this year to make my resolutions stick.  As a part of keeping me on track, I thought that I would share these resolutions with you.  I even have a few fashion resolutions as well!

HERE WE GO:


1.  Workout until I sparkle for 30 minutes, 3 days per week.
It's by far the most generic, overused resolution that there is.  I will get back into working out.  
I WILL.  I WILL.  I WILL.
This past year, I've completely fallen off of the working out bandwagon.  However, I used to completely love it.  For me, a good workout results in an increase in my happiness (gotta love those endorphins!) and productivity!


2.  Buy less; Choose well.
This last year, I really focused on investment pieces.  I really tried to avoid poor quality clothing in general.  Forever 21 became my enemy.  However, towards the end of the year, I started remembering that stores like that often have hidden gems.  This year, I plan to continue to really look at the items, BUT not purchase so many of them.  I also really want to force myself to cover up the brand of the item and ask myself if I am buying the item for the name or because it actually is that special.  For me, this will be one of the toughest resolutions of the year.

3. Keep my closet clean by picking up for 10 minutes every night.
Every couple of weekends, I clean my closet only to endure the weekdays with it being a complete mess from me struggling to get ready in the mornings.  My remedy for this this year is to force myself to clean it for ten minutes every night in hopes of not having to spend hours every few weeks fixing it.

4. Wear heels 3 days a week.
I used to wear heels every single day.  However, times have changed, and most days I can be found running around in a cute flat.  However, it bothers me so much to see all of my cute shoes sitting on the shelf unworn.  My goal this year is to wear heels 3 days a week in hopes of wearing more of my shoe collection.

5. Complete a 30 day shopping ban. 
One of the most difficult resolutions that I have for myself is to complete a 30 day shopping ban.  Two years ago, I went on a two month shopping ban and went absolutely bananas afterwards (I ran straight to Burberry and quite a few other places…OH MY!).  This time around, I plan to not shop for at least 30 days and to create 30 different outfits from my closet by remixing things that I already own.  I really want to develop an appreciation for all of the glory that is already in my wardrobe.  I also believe that when the ban is done, I will need at set some sort of guideline as to how much I can spend so that I don't overdo it!  I'll keep you all posted as soon as I'm ready to start!  Hopefully, some of you will join me!

6. Consistently blog 5 days/ week.
This past year of blogging, I went through my streaks where I was blogging like a fiend, and then I would fall of the face of the earth.  This year, I want to make sure that every single weekday, I am posting new content.



7. Make a bigger effort to spend time with those that I love.
My family and close friends are THE most important thing to me in my little life.  This year, I want to make a big effort to place at least one phone call a week to a family member or close friend that I haven't spoken to lately in an effort to make sure that I have the opportunity to keep up with them.  I also want to plan a date to see one fabulous friend for a playdate once a month.  All too often, life gets busy and we forget to remind those in our lives how much we adore them.

8. Cherish the good; eliminate the bad.
This past year, I really discovered who my friends were.  That's the funny thing about weddings and life changes…it really bring out who your real friends are.  This year, I plan on continuing to celebrate those fabulous friends and continuing to step away from people who are negative.  I am so lucky to have so many positive uplifting people in my life.  In addition, I want to ensure that I am also positive and uplifting. After all, life is too short to focus on the bad.  To create a positive life, you have to think positively as well!

Well, everyone, wish me luck!  What are your resolutions?  Do you have any ways of keeping yourself accountable?  Please share with me!

Xoxo,
Abbie


No comments:

Post a Comment